A Word of Explanation about the 2014 Parochial Report for the Diocese of South Carolina.
Before reviewing the most recent parochial report, keep in mind the following:
- - There were two congregations added in 2014: Grace Parish, North Myrtle Beach and Resurrection, North Charleston. Grace, Waccamaw was combined with Christ the King Waccamaw and so is not listed as a new parish. St. James, Blackville, was formally received, as a mission, in 2015, so is not included in the 2014 report. Total congregations as of 2015 are 52.
- - The large drop in baptized members for 2014 can be entirely attributed to one congregation “cleaning up its rolls” by 344 members and does not reflect membership leaving in one year.
- - Only 31 congregations were able to provide an age breakdown of baptized members. Of those that responded the membership ages 0-10 was 11%; ages 11-18 was 10%; ages 19-30 was 10% ;and over 30 was 69%, virtually unchanged from the previous year.
- - The age breakdown for baptism for 2014 was 0-10, 82%; 11-18 7%; 19-30 3% and age 30 and over 8%.
- - The age breakdown for confirmations for 2014 was 11-18 42%; 19-30 11% and ages 30 and over 47%.
Download the 2014 Parochial Report. Review a parochial report statistical analysis from 2011-2014.
Download the 2013 Parochial Report.
Download the 2012 Parochial Report.
Download the 2011 Parochial Report.
Download the 2010 Parochial Report.