If you struggle with addiction, or are involved with someone who does, we, the members of the Diocese of South Carolina’s Addiction Recovery Commision, want you to know you’re not alone. There is an entire community of people of faith who understand what you’re going through and want to help.
Healing is Possible
Every day people are healed from addiction. Complete recovery is possible. Is it easy? Is it instantaneous? We won’t promise that. What we will promise is that recovery is possible. God is bigger than any addiction. God is more powerful than any addiction and all things are possible with God. We know that, because we’ve either experienced it ourselves, or we’ve seen it happen.
Who are we?
The Addiction Recovery Commission consists of clergy and laity both recovering alcoholics and non-alcoholics who work to raise awareness about addiction and support those in need of help through education, prevention, intervention and treatment resources.
All Kinds of Addictions
Ourr mission includes all addictions: alcohol, pornography, drugs, gambling, sex... It is foremost a resource to the clergy and lay ministers of the Diocese who are most often the first contact for those in need. Confidentiality and anonymity are of utmost importance and are honored in all undertakings and meetings.
The Addiction Recovery Commission:
• Helps clergy and laity establish Recovery Ministries within their parishes.
• Encourages congregations to have a Recovery Sunday every year.
• Serves as a source of material, resources and support to our parishes.
• Schedules speakers, workshops and training for our clergy and laity about addiction.
• Walks with those suffering from addiction and those in recovery so they will find the support they need.
• Connects with those throughout the community as a recovery resource advocate.
Mr. Mike Znachko, Chair of Addiction Recovery
(843) 290-6373, firstname.lastname@example.org